Are Hill Top Farm's Farm's English Orpingtons good quality? Or any quality English Orpington breeders who ship eggs or chicks?

I don't think he does sexlinks or auto sexing breeds
#snob
Miss Congeniality - Grumpt Elitist.gif

Has anyone purchased English Orpingtons from Hill Top Farm's? Are they good quality or standard hatchery quality? Or does anyone know of any reputable breeders or of a small hatchery that ships hatching eggs or chicks that are true English Orpingtons? I have purchased Orpingtons from a larger hatchery prior, but I'm looking for that true big fluffy beautiful English Orpington.
I did not purchase Orpingtons but I did purchase hatching eggs (Supposed to be Ameraucana) from the hatchery. What I got were a mix of pure Ameraucanas and some mutts (missing beard/muff on one pullet,) and the cockerel who is super sweet doesn't have a pea comb. The seller did say that he felt like one of the roosters "got into another pen" and contaminated the line for my hatch, and did replace the eggs...however, they were all scrambled in the mail second go-round. My experience wasn't great in all honesty.

I have never heard of them.

Posting the link so everyone doesn't have to Google...

Hilltop Farms English Orpingtons

Going of the single pic they provide on their website the Mottled and Silver-laced birds are the best looking. The Lavenders don't look English. The Chocolate might be alright, but the pictures isn't very good. And the Jubilee don't look right to me.

Carolina Rare Chicks, Papa's Poultry, and Cackle Hatchery have nice birds. Anita Heatherly has beautiful birds but doesn't ship.

Anita Heatherly

I breed several varieties and have limited availability. With the current heat in Texas, shipping is out of the question.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.
I might have to make a trip down to Texas this spring. Maybe if I tell my husband I'm going down to look at a horse he won't get suspicious and if I buy an even more expensive horse he won't notice more chickens🤔

Has anyone purchased English Orpingtons from Hill Top Farm's? Are they good quality or standard hatchery quality? Or does anyone know of any reputable breeders or of a small hatchery that ships hatching eggs or chicks that are true English Orpingtons? I have purchased Orpingtons from a larger hatchery prior, but I'm looking for that true big fluffy beautiful English Orpington.
I have over 30 chicken from Hill Top and I can say they are very nice quality.

Back
Top Bottom