1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Are my chickens sick ?!?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by MattSiewrt, Aug 18, 2013.

1. MattSiewrt

MattSiewrt Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2013
    My chicken is not even a year old barred rock but he looks fine not acting funny or anything still goes out when I let them all out eats,drinks, it's just his legs there yellow but there's white and black on them and I think some of the other ones are starting to get it to please help I'm getting more chickens but I don't wanna get more and the others get sick please help me ! :(

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Can you post a picture of his legs? Barred rock females usually have a dark line up the front of their legs. Most hatchery barred rocks aren't totally purebred, so you will see some differences in coloring.

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Please post a photo. Mottled black/white coloring on the legs is a normal characteristic of some breeds of chickens, but it could also be a sign of some problem.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by