Are my chicks silver penciled rocks???

Youtjatoor

Chirping
Mar 7, 2017
Fuquay-Varina NC
Hello everyone, My name is Hector. I have been lurking around here for a few days now and decided to sign up because of all the amazing info and great members. I am new to chickens. My wife as wanted them for 10 years now and we FINALLY moved out of the city in New York and relocated to the country in North Carolina (best decision ever)
anyhoo I picked up 6 straight run chicks this past week and was told they were rocks. Buuuuut they couldnt tell me what kind of rocks. I did my research and know that rocks are amazing birds and totally happy tht they are. But I coud not for the life of me pinpoint what rocks these cuties are, until today and need confirmation. Are these cutie pies Silver penciled rocks. Thats what i think they might be but im no expert like you guys. They are chipmunk markings for sure and as far as i could tell thats what the penciled chicks look like. also have 2 chocolately brown ones with same marks on feathers that can be seen in the group picture. Did I luck out with my purchase and the ignorance of the sales person at the local feed store and brought home the prettiest birds i could imagine?
Thank you in advance , looking to learning a ton with you all.

The one alight one pictured looks like it has cheek muffs? They might be Easter eggers. What color are their legs and what type of comb?

Legs are yellow. Please excuse my lack of knowledge. Comb???

The "comb" is the fleshy skin that starts at the beak and travels up the forehead. Here is a picture of my birds comb to help you out. (Pink skin)

Back
Top Bottom