are my chicks what i was told they were?

Rorie

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 1, 2012
I bought Chocolate Orpington eggs and have two chicks from them. THey are....chocolate in colour! I then bought 4 more chicks, he told me they were chocolate orpingtons too, but, they look black rather than chocolate! Here is a photo of my one and the new one. Could they just be different genetics, or are they different birds?

Thanks

The two on the far left look like they are chocolate orpingtons, but the color quality on your photo is poor.

The chick in front looks like some sort of mixed bird. Are you sure the original batch were real chocolate orpingtons ;and not those ones someone has been selling as chocolates that are really dun?

I bought the eggs in a special breeds auction. They were sold as being chocolate orpingtons, but i have no way of knowing!

The colour in the photo is a good representation of what they look like TBH. The two on the left are dark, almost black, with a yellowish white stomach. The one on the right is from my eggs that is light brown in colour all over.

Well, like I said the two on the left look like chocolate orpingtons. I have them and have been breeding them since last fall.

The other does not look like one.

Here is a photo of one of my chicks:

Well, that looks exactly like the ones i got from our friend! Thanks for the photo :) So we have 4 chocolate orpingtons :)

Only question remains is what eggs did i get! And idea what they could be? I have two of them!

oooh, i like the look of that one with the pattern! You have my hopes high now!! :)

Back
Top Bottom