Are my ducks ready to go outside with the big ones?

lovelyducklings

Chirping
Aug 29, 2015
Florida
I have 3 full grown pekin ducks, 2 female and one male. I want to make sure the younger ones will be able to handle themselves around the Adult male duck, hes kind of aggressive.

20200606_220733.jpg

If your drake is aggressive the ducklings shouldn't be put in with him until they are almost full-grown, you can surely try putting them together, but I doubt it'll work.

Never. Your new ducksling look like they are both drakes. You can't have three drakes with two ducks. Factor in the age/size descrepancy, and you are setting these two juveniles up for a lifetime of suffering.

Never. Your new ducksling look like they are both drakes. You can't have three drakes with two ducks. Factor in the age/size descrepancy, and you are setting these two juveniles up for a lifetime of suffering.

The green coming on the face isn't really a good indicator of sex with WH, females have it to until they molt back into white.

The green coming on the face isn't really a good indicator of sex with WH, females have it to until they molt back into white.

Oh thanks, I didn't know that. Are they welsh harlequins though? That head pattern looks a lot like the restricted mallard allele (found in appleyards).

Back
Top Bottom