Are my EE's both pullets?

kjbecker1

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 29, 2011
These two EE's are both straight run chicks can somebody tell if they will both be pullets? they are 4 weeks old i hope there both pullets. Jason
this is bird #1
000_0409.jpg

000_0408.jpg

000_0407.jpg

This is bird #2
000_0404.jpg

000_0401.jpg

000_0405.jpg

Last edited:
They both look to be Pullets, but keep watch on the first one. From my experience with Cockerels, and I have a lot, because I always buy straight-run; Cockerels always feather out the slowest. The first one has a broader chest, a larger figure, and lacks any feather development on the back and tail. The other has more feathering and seems more well-rounded in build.

They both look like pullets to me also, but I'd keep an eye on chick #1, like another poster suggested.

Are you positive they are 4 weeks? I'm posting pics of 2 of my EE pullets at 3 weeks and they are much bigger than the ones you have, and at 4 weeks they were fully feathered in, but one looks very similar to your first one.

58941_penelope_3_wks_2.jpg

Penelope @ 3 weeks, she is boss right now

58941_pochohontas_3_weeks.jpg

Pochahontas is on the bottom of the pecking order but she feathered in the fastest of the bunch.

They look like pullets to me. 4 weeks old they look small. We have 5 pullets and they are 2 weeks old and not half the size of the others.

Back
Top Bottom