Are my EE's both pullets?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kjbecker1, Apr 6, 2011.

1. kjbecker1

kjbecker1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2011
    These two EE's are both straight run chicks can somebody tell if they will both be pullets? they are 4 weeks old i hope there both pullets. Jason
    this is bird #1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is bird #2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  2. TinyLittleFarm

TinyLittleFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I am hardly an expert, but I think they look girly. Very cute!

3. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    They both look to be Pullets, but keep watch on the first one. From my experience with Cockerels, and I have a lot, because I always buy straight-run; Cockerels always feather out the slowest. The first one has a broader chest, a larger figure, and lacks any feather development on the back and tail. The other has more feathering and seems more well-rounded in build.

4. jennh

jennh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Lititz
    They both look like pullets to me also, but I'd keep an eye on chick #1, like another poster suggested.

5. Schwartzfarmnc

Schwartzfarmnc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    West Jefferson
    Are you positive they are 4 weeks? I'm posting pics of 2 of my EE pullets at 3 weeks and they are much bigger than the ones you have, and at 4 weeks they were fully feathered in, but one looks very similar to your first one.

[​IMG]
    Penelope @ 3 weeks, she is boss right now

[​IMG]
    Pochahontas is on the bottom of the pecking order but she feathered in the fastest of the bunch.

6. 4reds

4reds Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2008
    They look like pullets to me. 4 weeks old they look small. We have 5 pullets and they are 2 weeks old and not half the size of the others.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by