Are my egg prices reasonable?

Mar 3, 2023
I sell a carton of eggs for $5 right now. They used to be $3 but egg prices have been raised, and i always put my price at least 1-2 dollars higher than store-bought eggs. My chickens are free range, and healthy. My cartons of eggs include brown, tan, white, green, blue, and pink-ish eggs. I also only use the egg money to buy chicken food and treats. Is this reasonable? Ill lower the prices when stores go down.

Attachments

• 20230317_122957.jpg
    20230317_122957.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20230303_150520.jpg
    20230303_150520.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 1
In my area eggs are about $4.50 so i sell mine for $5 if the egg prices in my area are lower i sell 50cents higher.

Your "acceptable" price will very much depend on your market. Some places, $2/dozen is the current price, some places, it's $7-8. What are farm eggs selling for near you?
Well the closest stores to me are selling 4-8 dollars, closer farm fresh wggs are about 4-6 dollars probably? Egg prices are higher where i live, and not many people have chickens near me

I sell a carton of eggs for $5 right now. They used to be $3 but egg prices have been raised, and i always put my price at least 1-2 dollars higher than store-bought eggs. My chickens are free range, and healthy. My cartons of eggs include brown, tan, white, green, blue, and pink-ish eggs. I also only use the egg money to buy chicken food and treats. Is this reasonable? Ill lower the prices when stores go down.
I'm selling mine at about $6 per dozen... Which is roughly what the stores are selling farm eggs for in my area.... If people will buy it, it's probably a reasonable price (in my opinion).

If your local market is buying them then go for it.

I sell mine for $3 a dozen I don't care what the store price gouging is doing. I keep what I can use and just get rid of the rest instead of letting them go to waste. I never got chickens to really sell eggs.
Our chickens were only for pets for years until i realized i can make some extra money for feed since i dont eat eggs much

Back
Top Bottom