Are my eggs dead

Not necessarily true, my bantams usually hatch from day 20- 22 (these are from about 200+ eggs hatched from an incubator). There might be some other people who have early hatches, but each flock is different. There may be a correlation between bantam and early hatch rates, but correlation is not causation. Everyone takes their sweet time. Don't worry about other people's hatch days if they are earlier; when the chick is due, the chick is due. Keep a lookout!

Last edited:
Not necessarily true, my bantams usually hatch from day 20- 22 (these are from about 200+ eggs hatched from an incubator). There might be some other people who have early hatches, but each flock is different. There may be a correlation between bantam and early hatch rates, but correlation is not causation. Everyone takes their sweet time. Don't worry about other people's hatch days if they are earlier; when the chick is due, the chick is due. Keep a lookout!
Oh no! Did I do lock down too soon

Oh no! Did I do lock down too soon
I bet you are fine, I found this on the web that may help!

Bantam eggs can sometimes hatch more quickly, at around 18 or 19 days into incubation (although it's not always the case) so should be locked down at around day 16. If you have an incubator with both large and bantam eggs and you don't have a separate hatcher, it's fine to lock down all the eggs at Day 16.

Locking down on day 17 is perfect! You will be fine!

One is hatching!!! It's little butt is stuck. Is there a time when I should help this little one?

Attachments

• 20200926_070212.jpg
    20200926_070212.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 12
One is hatching!!! It's little butt is stuck. Is there a time when I should help this little one?
The one that's out, if it's shell is stuck to it you can take her out and help, just be careful not to pull the cord attached to it's navel. Clean Scissors are good to have on hand if that's what's keeping the shell stuck on there. Give it a while to see if it gets itself unstuck first.

Keep the incubator closed! The little one will drag the shell around, maybe even knock the other eggs. The shell will fall off and the cord will dry up. Good luck with the rest of the eggs!

The one that's out, if it's shell is stuck to it you can take her out and help, just be careful not to pull the cord attached to it's navel. Clean Scissors are good to have on hand if that's what's keeping the shell stuck on there. Give it a while to see if it gets itself unstuck first.
Well of course right after I say that it gets out! Lol isnt that how it always happens

Attachments

• 16011296420058268258109369728005.jpg
    16011296420058268258109369728005.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom