Are My Eggs Still Viable???????

TACEYPERKINS

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 2, 2009
Medford,Oregon
Hi all- I live in Ca. And all last week we had a rain storm that come thru and soaked everything. Including my coops! Well I had a pullet that had been stock pilling eggs, and during that rainstorm her nest was overcome with water. I go out there today and she has now decided to sit on those eggs. Go figure!Anyways, I was wondering do you think they could still be viable after sitting in cold water?

I had a hen do that during one of our recent Tennessee monsoons. i personally didn't even attempt it. They were muddy and nasty by the time i got to them and she only wanted to sit on them about an hour that day, so I took them.

I was planning on taking them today. But when I went out there she was clucking and talking at my hand. So Do you think I should take them away fom her?

Hey Kathy- I see you on the delaware thread everyday. Thanks for responding. Yes they are kinda important. They are my Java eggs. I know she will continue to lay more, But, I just didn't want to through them out if they were possibley good. And no it is still wet. I didn't want to touch her. Should I give her new bedding? One of the problem is she is a pullet, and I didn't want to ruin her mojo, it is her first go at this.

Thanks thats what I was thinking , I didn't want to go and toss them if there was a possibility. Ok one more question....if I take these away will she go into laying mode again or do I have to wait a while?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom