Are my lavender orpingtons males or females??

Yay!! I hope there are babies in the near future!!! :weee
And maybe you will hear a crow soon! My banny crowed at 7 weeks, and I caught my 10 week old Wyandotte Rooster crowing today :D

It is early! :0 Especially since I have a crowning rooster already. Usually the new rooster waits awhile. This one is living up to the Cocky syndrome, down to a T! Lol I hope my Wyandotte isn't going to be mean like my last one. :| He didn't crow until 17 weeks, so maybe they will be different? Lol I hope! Hate a mean rooster. ;)

It is early! :0 Especially since I have a crowning rooster already. Usually the new rooster waits awhile. This one is living up to the Cocky syndrome, down to a T! Lol I hope my Wyandotte isn't going to be mean like my last one. :| He didn't crow until 17 weeks, so maybe they will be different? Lol I hope! Hate a mean rooster. ;)

We don't like mean one either. Once they start being mean to the other chickens we get rid of them before they start attacking us.. We've had one that went after someone and he was trying to catch him and he ripped his pants with his Spurs.. Then he went after the same Guy's dad and he was like nope, and grabbed the nearest object which was a 2x4 and whacked him a good one with it to see if he'd stop in general.. Well he left him alone.. There's also been a really mean turkey and we'd have to throw stuff at him just to walk past the coop..

Sooo.. I couldn't wait any longer.. The one is developing a large red comb and the other definitely is not.. "He" also does the rooster dances and stands proudly.. Thinking I got a cockerel on my hands which is perfectly fine with me!

They are so pretty! I just got 10 Lavender opingtons. So excited to see them grow
1f603.png

Curious what they turned out to be? If you remember🤣. We have 5 and 4 if them look exacyly like yours. The only difference between the 1 and other 4 that are similar to yours are the tails.

Back
Top Bottom