Are our African Geese males or females?

I would say they’re both ganders. Females don’t usually stand like that, at least my girl doesn’t. I’d say you have two ganders. But if you show a video of them talking I think that would give a definite answer.

OK! Here’s the video link I was going to share - what do you think??

Oh and btw, we just got this randomly LARGE egg that is NOT consistent with Laffy’s (our duck) usual egg size....smallest is a chicken, middle is the duck, and then WTH?!? Do we have a goose??
F6CC8233-A849-47ED-BC58-796AAF4C029F.jpeg
78D7DF9D-5A58-48B3-A317-C86794183D41.jpeg

Oh my goodness! You very well could have a goose. That egg is huge! I’m not totally sure though since I’m not an expert on African geese. But congratulations if you have a goose! That egg is something to be celebrating!

Oh and btw, we just got this randomly LARGE egg that is NOT consistent with Laffy’s (our duck) usual egg size....smallest is a chicken, middle is the duck, and then WTH?!? Do we have a goose??View attachment 2449713View attachment 2449714
It's a duck egg both your geese are ganders but my god your geese are either small or that is one big pekin lol

It's a duck egg both your geese are ganders but my god your geese are either small or that is one big pekin lol
We definitely have Jumbo Pekin ducks! Hahaha - you’re for sure they’re ganders?? What’s that little flap under Goose’s neck (the one with angel wing)? They have it but the other one doesn’t.

We definitely have Jumbo Pekin ducks! Hahaha - you’re for sure they’re ganders?? What’s that little flap under Goose’s neck (the one with angel wing)? They have it but the other one doesn’t.
That flap is called a dewlap and yes they are gangers my goose doesn't sound like my gander

Looks like a goose egg to me its elongated more than rounded the one on the left in the video sounds like a goose to me also note the sack under here leg all my girls started getting that development right before they began to lay eggs. My girls got there lobs early so far my gander dost have one but im sure it will show up they are 10 months now Not a very good picture but my gander is the one with his head in the water all the rest a girls the 2nd picture is my gander

Attachments

• thumbnailw.jpg
    thumbnailw.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Resized_20201206_101805.jpg
    Resized_20201206_101805.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 16
My blown African goose eggs top one is a double yoke'er och measures 4 1/4 inches the rest are around 3 inch to 3 1/2

Attachments

• goose eggs.jpg
    goose eggs.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 12

Oh and btw, we just got this randomly LARGE egg that is NOT consistent with Laffy’s (our duck) usual egg size....smallest is a chicken, middle is the duck, and then WTH?!? Do we have a goose??View attachment 2449713View attachment 2449714

That sure is a big one! About the size of the eggs my Tufted Romans lay (but they are the smallest breed of domesticated goose).

You know how duck eggs are really smooth and shiny and kind of waxy? Goose eggs aren't so much, so if this one isn't, it could be a small first egg.

Back
Top Bottom