Are paintballs toxic to chickens?

lizi.beth915

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 6, 2011
Harford County, MD
Soo... my brother and his friends decided to play paintball towards the bottom of our yard this weekend while I wasn't home... (which happens to be my chickens favorite hang out spot.) My chickens free-range, and I noticed un-exploded paintballs and paintball shells all over the place down there this morning after I let them all out. I also noticed some of my chicken's poo is tinted yellow, orange, and purple...
I don't play paintball or know anything about it, but my brother claims that they're "made of fish oil, will decompose once it rains and it's no big deal."
Is this true? Because I'm kind of freaking out right now...
Help!?
Thanks, Liz

I don't think so...its more like watercolor liquid LOL!

Put your chicken upon a canvas board and let them "paint" the board. Your very own masterpiece!
lol.png

Wikipedia says they are nontoxic, mostly gelatin and dye. Chickens are scavengers and eat all sorts of weird things. I've seen multi-colored poo too - from flowers, fruits and what ever else they eat. I think things run through pretty fast. I hope so, after watching them scarf down insects, frogs and mice!
smile.png

Not at all they are made out bio-degradable ingredients, similar to corn syrup. The fill is called something close to polypropalineglycol. And the shell is made of gelatine. I work at a paintball field and have seen people eat paintballs and have eaten them myself (on dares). There are even paintball eating contests!
big_smile.png
pop.gif
The older ones from the 80's and early 90's were oil based but nothing since than has been. Your chickens will be fine!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom