Are people buying chicks in your area?

South Louisiana, chicks selling faster than I have ever seen. Chick starter can be a pain to find except for the leetle bitty high$ bags of gourmet chick starter...:th
Anyone else putting pellets in the blender??
I have been buying lonestars gamebird chick starter since January , rather than try to find anything else its like 12.99 for 25lbs has the entire nutrients, everything showing as to whats in it.. been really happy with it ( opelousas buying it in sunset, but i know some of the other feed stores carrying lonestar

I have yet to see a chick at TSC or the local feed store. They sell out as soon as they come in here in southeast Louisiana. I' ended up getting hatching eggs off of eBay since I'm looking for specific breeds and that venture has been a little too successful so I have some chicks to sell. Shouldn't be hard to rehome them.

I have been buying lonestars gamebird chick starter since January , rather than try to find anything else its like 12.99 for 25lbs has the entire nutrients, everything showing as to whats in it.. been really happy with it ( opelousas buying it in sunset, but i know some of the other feed stores carrying lonestar
I've been getting Lonestar because that's what's been available. It's actually been doing okay, the chicks are at that ugly molting-look stage but they are happy and busy...

It seems to have slowed in our area in North Carolina. I had loads of queries and purchase a few weeks ago, very few this time, and i have ten newly hatched chicks and up to 20 that will hatch in a week, so... My own flock might be increased dramatically if no one is buying any more...🤪
Someone bought all ten at a week old, and wanted more... 😃

Oh man, so maybe things are just slow here because of the storms. I wish you guys hadn't told me that, because now I feel like I should grab those easter egger chicks. I need a dozen more chicks like I need a hole in the head.
It's a rough job, but somebody has to do it. If you haven't already -Go get those chicks!

I was at tractor supply a few days ago. They had their big ‘chick days’ banners but the tubs were all empty.

I’m selling lots of chicks and seems like every time I sell some the buyers ask if I’ll hatch them more.

I did have to edit my Craigslist post to say ‘unknown mix of male and female chicks.’ Strait run wasn’t cutting it and I kept getting people asking for just hens or 5 hens and a rooster.

I’m in Vegas chicks are selling out here too and feed stores (not tsc as mine employees are rude so I don’t shop there) have limits on chicks. I sold my last chickens in Jan and got back into quail. It’s always a struggle to find quail chicks so I have to usually buy eggs. I’d love to be able to walk into a feed store and buy quail chicks. And Muscovy forget finding those in feed stores. So not much has changed for me this year trying to find what I want.

It's a rough job, but somebody has to do it. If you haven't already -Go get those chicks!
It was a tough decision, but I had to pass. We don't have poultry swaps here, and selling chickens on craigslist has been a miserable experience for me. I always get messages from ppl who want the chickens for free because it's for 4H, or it's for their "rescue", or they're on fixed income and can't afford more than $5 per hen. I don't know how people manage to sell chickens without losing their minds.

Back
Top Bottom