Are purebred silkies that hard 2 find? (pics, Beware Dial-up users!)

Yep. Moved to what breed or gender.
wink.png

As a hint, if you are on the main page, you can click on "your posts" and find all the threads you posted in.

I agree with silkiechicken, those are EE, not ameraucanas. That leg color is green.

And if she says the babies are sultans, than that's what I'd go with. I am not familiar enough with them to know what they look like. I just know they aren't silkies
smile.png

Those don't even look to be part silkie. I'm guessing some were in the wrong bins.

Quality of hatchery silkies can be quite variable, but most should have sufficient traits to recognise them as silkies. IMO, if you want silkies, even pet quality ones, purchase from a breeder. We almost always have PQ silkies available, and while they may cost more than from a hatchery, the quality will probably be better.

Even hatchery silkies would show darkish face skin, a darker beak and darkish legs like the ones pictured.

Yellow beaks, faces whose skin doesn't seem gray beneath the down, yellow legs all yell - not silkie.

Sultans make sense.

I saw a little boy at Tractor Supply quite happily moving chicks from one bin to another and back, like a kid moving sand mounds or toy trucks.

I bet that happens in a LOT of places.

If Sonoran were closer I'd be getting chicks from her and I may yet see when I can afford a few BBS eggs - of my sizzles six were male, two female, bad odds...

Right now I'm selling nearly everything but foundation stuff for a root canal bill... Doesn't he know CHICKENS are more important???

is anyone here from AZ who shops at the stock shop? Also what do sultans look like?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom