are skunks bad predators?

Quote:
Good point woodmort. I have seen my trash buddy really pick it up when 14 shots were fired at him. I could have just killed the guy. But he isnt a threat yet. Only predators caught around my chicken coops in my live traps die Long as they stay on the other side of the acres there fine.

Skunk Releasing Lessons 101:

It was calm in the cage, so I figured I could release it. After work I changed into some cloths that I wouldn't mind throwing away (just in case) and came to let it out. It was curled up in a ball sleeping with it's tail when I arrived. Like I said, seemed calm, so I held my hand up close to the cage to guage it's reaction - it sniffed of me just like a cat would. So, moving slow and quiet like, I just opened the door and it walked out peacefully.
One of my roosters came up to it and THEN it lifted it's tail and I was like "oh crap, it's afraid of a stinkin chicken!" but the roo stood still and the skunk took exit into the brush.

I was trying to catch a raccoon that I saw crossing the road the other day....better luck next time I guess.

Yeah, I caught one a couple of weeks ago while trying to catch my wife's cat. It was kinda cute. I just approached the trap very slowly, locked it open and walked away, Came back in an hr and it was gone.

Back
Top Bottom