Are Swans that cool?

Your first problem is paying $2600 for a pair of Black Swans. If you buy from breeders rather than the poultry clearing houses prices on all the birds will be much less. Our black swans start out selling $150 for babies up to $1500 for a proven breeding pair.

Quote:
Wow that is a lot of birds you are getting. I also agree with spectrumranch, you will pay a lot more buying from hatcheries and such. Who will you be getting your peafowl from since you did not list a source for them? Do you even plan on pinioning the peafowl and pheasants. I have never heard of this being done... Even if you do pinion or clip flight feathers, then some of the species will not stick around. I would think that the pheasants (are they ringnecks?) would just run off. Peafowl could stick around, but that depends on whether on not you are buying adults or peachicks. If you raise them from peachicks then they will stick around. In that case you should not clip their flight feathers since peafowl roost in trees or high up when free ranging. Plus the birds will be defenseless, after all flying would help them escape predators. That applies to all birds. You also must take into consideration that peafowl can get blackhead from chickens. Still people keep chickens with peafowl and most of the time they are okay. It is much more of a concern if peachicks are in contact with chickens.

Not all swans are Territorial, alot of it is how they are raised and maintained, mine allow my kids to pet them while feeding them, this is just one pond with a few breeders on it. We ship for most of the hatcheries in the US.

$2600 is quite expensive for a pair, we have yearling pairs for $1200 and Breeders for $1500, we deliver and ship all over the US 352 494 1028

Not all swans are Territorial, alot of it is how they are raised and maintained, mine allow my kids to pet them while feeding them, this is just one pond with a few breeders on it. We ship for most of the hatcheries in the US.
Very interesting that you ship for most of companies. Are you McMurray's Swan Source?

Yes I ship for them some, they also use a guy out of California, but in California you cant have Mute Swans so he has to use someone else also, two middlemen? or direct from Breeder?

Back
Top Bottom