Are their Bantam Buff Orpingtons?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Settler'sDreamFarm, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Settler'sDreamFarm

Settler'sDreamFarm █ [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Aug 7, 2008
    Ontario, Canada :)
    Is there such a thing as a Bantam Buff Orpingtons? If there are could you post some pictures?

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Yes there are bantam Buff Orpingtons, they look just like standards only smaller [​IMG]

3. orcasislandchickens

orcasislandchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    [​IMG] They DO look and act just like the standard ones. I just got my order from Cackle on friday. My new chicks are very round (they remind me of soft little golden ping pong balls) and friendly . I'm sorry I don't have a camera and don't know how to post pictures either or I'd have pictures up all over the place. [​IMG]

Edited because my keyboard is missing a batch of keys and is very hard to type on.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  4. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Yep-I saw someone giving some extra BO bantam chicks away on CL the other day!

5. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Yes.....buff, black, blue, white and splash

6. horsecrazy

horsecrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    central CA
    Quote:omg that is exactly what I want!

do your chicks really look like BO minis? how adorable! how big are they now?

7. orcasislandchickens

Jul 9, 2008
    Mine realy are like the big girls. [​IMG] They are now 7 weeks old. I asked how big they will get and someone quoted the standard, check out the posts above. Mine are still small I don't know how big they will wind up. Someone told me they'll be about 10" tall. They are sweethearts and I can pick up two on each hand and carry them around. They come right over to be picked up and come when called. (remember folks I kept only 4 they are wayyyy beyond spoiled.)

I had extras at one point but they were at the dinosaur stage and nooooo one wanted them. Now they are starting to fluff out just a little, and are starting to grow into pretty little fluffy golden hens, all the freinds that turned the extas away are wanting them. I have been asked a couple of times for fertile eggs.

HAHA. NO roo. (and no egs yet anyway) [​IMG]

8. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    What size/color eggs do the BBOs lay?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  9. orcasislandchickens

Jul 9, 2008
    I got a new camera, and so posted a few more picture of my girls in the everything else chicken related section.
    Here are a couple more:

Aren't they cute

[​IMG]

They look "so much like real ones" to quote my mother, who can't understand why I would want chickens, especially bantam ones.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by