Are there any alternatives to chick starter feed?

anim51296

Hatching
Feb 20, 2020
I’m hatching chicken eggs (7 hopefully they all hatch) and I can’t find starter feed where I live. Are there any alternatives to it?

I assume that includes starter/grower as well when you say you can’t find starter anywhere?

Perhaps an all flock mix if you can find that.

Yes, there are.

You can feed your chicks boiled eggs with millet, poppy seeds, sesame, oatmeal, oregano, dandelion and nettle leaves. All nicely chopped to size for the tiny beaks.

From the age of two weeks onwards they can also have grated fresh carrots and broccoli with some essential oil and brewers yeast.

I can’t order online. It’s not very common where I live to hatch eggs as backyard chickens. I can only find bird food (for parakeets or wild birds). Could I use boiled egg with a few other things?

And if you rather want mixed compound feed you could get pheasant and/or quail starter which is also high in proteins and if not pelleted often has a variety of seeds .

I can’t order online. It’s not very common where I live to hatch eggs as backyard chickens. I can only find bird food (for parakeets or wild birds). Could I use boiled egg with a few other things?
That might be an alternative, do you have a list of the ingredients, perhaps a picture you can post or a link?

Back
Top Bottom