Are there any collie lovers out there?

Well BArb if you want I can put you at the top of my list to make sure you get a pup if you wish. I can also send you some pictures of the pair I plan to breed. I really dont believe in the color of a dog affecting their personality. I have worked with a lot of different breeds, and colors of dogs. I have seen pure breed bird dogs pee them selves when they hear a gun shot, or lighting. My female is a tri colored dog and she could care less if a bomb dropped. But I am very careful about the dog I get. I spent a lot of time trying to pick out dogs that have the right personality. I also dont breed for color, the very top things I breed for is Health and personality. I want good healthy pups that can handle agility coarses and long days of running cattle without them get arthritis, or hip dysplacia. I want dogs built for speed, able to run full out and still be able to make thight turns with ease. Color is a dead last on my list though. I prefer the tri's colors over merles. And both of my dogs have try colors. However my male has a few freckles on his muzzle and paws. When we decided that we wanted to breed dogs for agility, we spent some time trying to figure out a set of guidlines to go by before we went to look at puppies. If the parents seemed to be dominate or agressive we didnt even second look the litter. I get my hands on Mom and Dad and feel their hips and bone structures.And we really prefered seeing the parents in action. Oh and before we went out on a puppy search we really investigated all breeds we thought would be great at this sport. After we found our dogs we only obedient train for the first six months. We used small dog walks, and titter totters so they could get used to being on these objects. But we didnt actually start them on anything physically demading, so they had time for all bone to mature until they were 5 or 6 months old. Anyway I breed for the sport of agility, and family living. Both my male and female are actually my kids dog's. They spend the most time playing with them. Anyway I have gone on way to long. If you all are looking for just a chompanion then you could go and find a friendly dog that is willing to be a coach potatoe. If you are wanting working dogs that you could either use to run cattle or agility coarses take so time into figuring out what it is you want, interview the breeder and look at the parents And even though I am not against shelter animals (I own a German shepherd that came from one) I would start out with a pup. That way you have a dog that has only been trained by you that way you dont have to work out the kinks of someone else's misguided training screw ups. And I would also go for a pup over a adult dog if you are not sure wether or not the dog has been around animals. (that is if you are getting it to herd animals for you) Anyway thats my opinions.

i like to do agility with my dogs just for fun...and when my collie cassie was a pup she would do great at agility (well at least i thought so) and i now she cant do agility because she cant see the jumps very well because she has collie eye.

Last edited:
How are y'all going to go on about your collies and not post pics, must have pics.
lol.png

sorry i dont have any new pics of my collies and also i dont remember how to get them on the computer. but, i will try to figure out how to get a pic on the computer somtime.

Last edited:
Quote:
We got our rescue Aussie so I could do agility with him. We did for a while but finally figured out he is blind in one eye. He can't safely do the higher elements.

We have 4 dogs, 1 sheltie x border collie cross that has the size of a sheltie but the brain of a border collie. Then there is a collie x retreiver cross, then there is newt, a pure border collie from herding lines. She is very hyper, always chasing the cats, and nipping at the retreiver cross, and she has the eyes of a wolf, they are gold and creepy looking. She has a stare that will make other dogs backdown. The shape of her head is very odd also, she has a head that is also more like a wolf or coyote, but both her parents look like pure border collies. Maybe she has a hybrid in her lineage. I will try to find pics to show how scary she looks, lol.

Back
Top Bottom