Are there any Green Cheek Conure breeders in Alaska?

Nightbird1001

Chirping
10 Years
Mar 16, 2014
Alaska
I have been looking around, but can't find the information I need. Either it is super outdated or a complete lie to get more clicks. I have also been looking into shipping one up, but all I can find are scams or outdated sites. I will be looking to get the bird starting in October.

The "hand fed" gcc at Wasilla Petco are $800 for wild type coloring and the pet stores in anchorage while only around $650-$700 don't specify hand fed or not. I really don't want to give them my money so I figured that if I am going to be spending that much I might as well just look for someone who actually loves the birds they raise.

Does anyone know of somebody local or does anybody have a recommendation for a breeder from the lower 48 that is willing to ship a bird to Alaska?

$800 is about the going rate here now for a green cheek conure. I've seen them go for $900.
I don't believe anybody will ship to Alaska from the lower 48, the risks to the bird are too great.

Honestly, these days, you'll be lucky to find a hand-fed conure for $800. They go for 1.3k at my local pet store, and you won't find much better on rehoming sites.

I have been looking around, but can't find the information I need. Either it is super outdated or a complete lie to get more clicks. I have also been looking into shipping one up, but all I can find are scams or outdated sites. I will be looking to get the bird starting in October.

The "hand fed" gcc at Wasilla Petco are $800 for wild type coloring and the pet stores in anchorage while only around $650-$700 don't specify hand fed or not. I really don't want to give them my money so I figured that if I am going to be spending that much I might as well just look for someone who actually loves the birds they raise.

Does anyone know of somebody local or does anybody have a recommendation for a breeder from the lower 48 that is willing to ship a bird to Alaska?
Try New York Bird Supply for shipping to Alaska just need to make sure temperature is safe for the bird. They are out of stock right now but may change and price is $600 plus $80 for shipping. The site says they are handfed. https://www.newyorkbirdsupply.com/collections/green-cheeked-conures

Back
Top Bottom