Are these Ameraucanas? Ameraucana Mutts? Or EEs?

sakami

Hatching
11 Years
Jan 16, 2009
We got these four last spring. We since re-homed the roo to a friend's farm because he attacked one of the kids (and tried to attack every time she went out there). They have beards, muffs, and greenish legs and lay eggs in blue, pale teal, and olive.

21264_photo-796380.jpg

21264_photo.jpg

21264_photo-770660.jpg

21264_img_6820.jpg

Also, we think that one of the Australorps in the brooder is a roo, along with another Australorp pullet and two barred rock pullets (8 weeks old now). What would happen if we had an Australorp cross with our Ameraucana (?) pullets?

EDIT: I uploaded the pics here... hope you can see them better. If they are Ameraucanas, are they a particular color?

Thanks,
sarah

Last edited:
Hi,

Sorry about my technical difficulties. I figured out how to upload pics to this post and updated my original post.

Thanks,
sarah

According to the descriptions (and color photos) provided at the link Jean listed, I am... confused!

We ordered some americanas from McMurray hatchery, which I understand should not be Ameraucanas, but Easter Eggers. A friend gave us some "Ameraucanas" that she got in a rainbow egg layer special ordered by her son's 4H club. Not sure which hatchery that was.

The info from that link tells me that I have two Ameraucanas and five Easter Eggers. Is it possible to get a bird that matches the Ameraucana standard from a hatchery? If not... what am I missing?

An EE rooster (who thinks he's the patriarch of the group) has the coloring of a Salmon Faverolle. Other than that coloring, he fits the description of an Ameraucana. He IS beautiful, but I'm not sure if I should use him for breeding purposes. I gather he's an Easter Egger.

Long term my hopes are for more blue eggs and fewer green eggs.

Thanks for any tips!
Smiles,
Kate

Back
Top Bottom