are these barred rock chicks?

yes they are! I just already have a couple and i like to be able to tell the difference between my girls
Now that makes a ton of sense! :highfive:

It's fantastic to have a variety of eye candy in the pasture, fun to collect an array of egg colors, shapes, and sizes for the basket.. and on top of that extremely useful to be able to tell them apart if anyone is facing any laying, behavioral, or other health concern issues.

I agree with tonyroo about the variety seen in EE and it can range from feather pattern or color, to egg color, leg color, skin color, comb type, bearded or non, etc.. definitely also personality quirks and differences.. all being part of what makes EE son much fun! :love

What I'm seeing looks mostly EE-ish to me.. all BR will have a white spot on their head. The very last chick in the first round of pics is close to what might be coming of SS, but hard to say without seeing the rest of the bird.. ah wait.. I can make out some dark wash on the front of the legs.. so going with all EE (if labeled correctly, also not seeing anything "purebred" looking)! :wee

Now that makes a ton of sense! :highfive:

It's fantastic to have a variety of eye candy in the pasture, fun to collect an array of egg colors, shapes, and sizes for the basket.. and on top of that extremely useful to be able to tell them apart if anyone is facing any laying, behavioral, or other health concern issues.

I agree with tonyroo about the variety seen in EE and it can range from feather pattern or color, to egg color, leg color, skin color, comb type, bearded or non, etc.. definitely also personality quirks and differences.. all being part of what makes EE son much fun! :love

What I'm seeing looks mostly EE-ish to me.. all BR will have a white spot on their head. The very last chick in the first round of pics is close to what might be coming of SS, but hard to say without seeing the rest of the bird.. ah wait.. I can make out some dark wash on the front of the legs.. so going with all EE (if labeled correctly, also not seeing anything "purebred" looking)! :wee
yes one of the black chicks has dark feet and the other has lighter feed. here’s some better pics

Attachments

• 3E89EF5F-0B16-47E7-8609-EE8C7B1F6ABD.jpeg
    3E89EF5F-0B16-47E7-8609-EE8C7B1F6ABD.jpeg
    268 KB · Views: 1
  • BA05FE40-37B3-44D6-9F6D-D64C798C8AFB.jpeg
    BA05FE40-37B3-44D6-9F6D-D64C798C8AFB.jpeg
    298 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom