Are these barred rocks?

Our oldest female had been rode a few times years ago before she had her first baby. She's had 3 babies but one died. Then she keeps getting sick but the vet can't figure out whats wrong with her and she usually gets over it so we haven't tried riding her except once a couple years ago and she didn't want to cush (lay down) and kept acting like she was going to bite the person on her so we gave up. This year she looks really bad and the vet gave us shots for her but it hasn't helped. The other ones haven't been worked with. The youngest baby female we plan to work with her since she was bottle raised due to the mother not wanting her. She isn't big enough yet to ride though but we got a small camel saddle to try and hook on her to get her use to it.

Aww sorry about the female
hmm.png

But that is so cool , i wish i had a camel well actually more than one cuz dont they live in herds ?

They do better with another one around. They are very social and love attention. The oldest we have loves to have her neck petted. Males can be very dangerous during the rut. I think it is around 4-6 years old before they breed. We have a baby male that we will probably sale this summer.

I have noticed when they were running around that they have droppy top eye lids all the time. I looked on feathersite's Barred Rocks and noticed some of them with droppy eye lids. Is that common for that breed?

Back
Top Bottom