Are these both Partridge Rocks?

anmalg14

In the Brooder
May 1, 2017
Georgia
Hello,

I have two chickens which appear to be partridge rocks but they have had different coloration ever since they were young- they are both the same age and about the same size. (14 weeks old now).

One has a more red neck and speckles on her back- almost like a welsummer? The other looks more classic partridge rock - distinct barring on her back and black/ dark brown neck.

They did both come from the same hatchery at the same time but from a brown layer assortment.

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• IMG_6553.JPG
    IMG_6553.JPG
    706.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6555.JPG
    IMG_6555.JPG
    786.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6547.JPG
    IMG_6547.JPG
    737.9 KB · Views: 13
Hello, I think they are both Partridge Rock, but they only have differences in their feathers. I have two Light Sussex and one is much darker than the other but they are both Light Sussex. By the way your chickens are absolutely gorgeous. I really hope this helps! ;)

IMG_2848.JPG

I bought these 2 as chicks and was told I was buying barnevelders. I think I may have 1 partridge as well!?
I love them, so pretty. She just began laying.

View attachment 1113863
I bought these 2 as chicks and was told I was buying barnevelders. I think I may have 1 partridge as well!?
I love them, so pretty. She just began laying.
One of each.
Easiest way to distinguish the two breeds is that Barnevelders have lacing, the black edges the feather. Partridge have penciling, the gold base color edges the feather.

One of each.
Easiest way to distinguish the two breeds is that Barnevelders have lacing, the black edges the feather. Partridge have penciling, the gold base color edges the feather.
I knew when they began to feather differently that I most likely had two breeds. The partridge began laying a very pretty round pearly brown egg last week. It wasn't the dark brown I was expecting, so that was also confirmation. Love them either way!!

Back
Top Bottom