Are these BOTH Speckled Sussex?

Quote:
no just not as nice

define nice!

below bird is a SQ spangled OEG from GotGame..
[URL]http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j437/nicalandia/spangled20cock4.jpg[/URL][/IMG

I think they are just using their opinion. Personally, I think the second one is more SQ than the first. But what do I know? [IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/img/smilies/lol.png

Quote:
The first is too white the second could be a little darker red but nice over all.
Id make #2 my breeder

Over all stick to what you like.
wink.png

To me this is a perfect example of the problem with the SOP not everyone has the same idea of perfection. I like the second one"Cogburn"

These are both Speckled Sussex. If you used the first one for breeding, the offspring would have too much white. From what I can see the second one has the 5 point comb required by the SOP. I think #2 is closer to the SOP. This may sound crazy, but is there any way you could get a weight for them and a few more pics? From the top, side, and behind. Where did you get these from? If you were close I'd take #2 off of your hands. I have the perfect girl for him.
gig.gif

Both nice looking hatchery Speckled Sussex. I have some and they are from a hatchery too. I like mine so much that now I want to find some closer to SOP.
Quote:
I agree
Quote:
I agree

Quote:
From what I can tell (without using a scale) he's about 5-6lbs. I'm really not willing to part with him at this point as both roosters seem to be getting along.

The first one is overly mottled, and as with any spangled breed, the amount of mottling will increase with each molt. So if you use the already overly mottled cockrell you will have overly mottled offspring. the other one is light on mottling and teh mottling appears to be better organized. When he molts again he will look even better than he does now.
second thing to consider is breast width, breast development, body width. the second bird is clearly superior in these atributes as well based on these photos.

Picture #2 male is hands down much better than #1. #1 has white in wings and too much white spangling. These look like they might of came from Meyer Hatchery. Overall type #2 is much the better male.

Back
Top Bottom