Are these BSL's?

They look so much like either the Barred Rocks or the Australorps. At the hatchery that these came from they them all. Maybe they gave me one of each.

Any comments on the other pic I added with my different chick from the ones about 6 weeks ago? All of these chicks are coming from Hoover Hatchery.

And this is a pic of my Black Australorp at 3 weeks of age. (Black chick on the left!
smile.png
) She was really a darker black but the flash washed out the color.

55754_img_5173.jpg

I know time is going to tell the tale on this one but the more I see the more I think the Black Australorp for maybe 2 of them, one for sure. No white spot on the head and if that is characteristic of the Barred Rock then mine doesn't have that.

www.mypetchicken.com has pretty good pictures of Barred Rock chicks, it looks like the white spot on the head is a characteristic of BR's and male BSL's.

I hope your two with the white chests are Australorps. Mine is an absolute sweetie, she quickly became my favorite chicken. I recently brought her out to the big girl pen (she's 10 weeks old now) and she was so scared of the other chickens - including two Seabrights that are smaller than her - that she wouldn't leave my side. When someone got a little too close to her she jumped into my lap and climbed up into my arms and snuggled into my chest.
love.gif
I LOVE snuggle chickens.
smile.png

The other non-black chick looks like a few different breeds. It looks similar to my brown Leghorn, but I have no ideas. Sorry!

HarleyHo
The other one you added looks like an EE pullet without a beard. The color is common with EE pullets at least. Probably a green/olive egg layer.

Back
Top Bottom