Are these BSL's?

harleyjo

Songster
9 Years
May 6, 2010
SW Iowa
When they called me about my broiler chicks I asked if they had an overrun if they would throw in a couple more black sex links for the 2 I lost a few weeks earlier. I got three black pullets when I picked up my broilers. I am wondering if they are all BSL. Two of them have a lot of white on their chest and 2 of them have white tips at the end of some of their wing feathers.
56696_dsc07689.jpg
][/img]

What do you think?

These are a little more than a week old and they came from Hoover Hatchery. Hoover has Barred Rocks and Black Austrolopes and I wondered about them too. One of the chicks is all black but the other 2 have a lot of white on their stomachs and necks, just hard to get the pics.

Last edited:
I need to try to get some better pictures tomorrow. You can't see it in these pictures but 2 of them have the white stomaches. There is only one real black one. The other 2 look very much alike. Are the white tips on the feathers characteristic of the Black Austroplopes? I also saw a pic of the Barred Rock and that looks kinda like them also. These 2 breeds have chicks that look a lot alike.

I tried to get some more pics. It is hard because they don't like the camera...lol
56696_dsc07716.jpg

56696_dsc07717.jpg

[/img]
56696_dsc07714.jpg

The above images are the 3 black chicks but as you can see from these pics 2 of them have more white on them not just one. So do you still think 2 BSL?

Now I am adding one more pic from my first batch that were suppose to be black sex links but I had a different one in with them. I just don't think it is a black sex link. The coloring of legs and everything is different on this chick. She is almost 6 weeks old now.
56696_dsc07706.jpg
56696_dsc07710.jpg
[/img]

The chick in the last pic. that is all black or black with some of the red barring is how all my other BSL's look. Is this really still considered a black sex link chick with this much variation?

Back
Top Bottom