Are these Buff Orpingtons???

Thanks everyone! Does it seem plausible that favorelles could be sold at Rural King? Also, I had researched breeds before and was pretty set on Buff Orpington. Mainly for eggs and gentle temperament as I have small children. From what I am reading about the favorelles is they are pretty similar. Any major differences to where I would want to exchange these guys? Thanks again!

I've heard good things about their temperament, they are supposed to be excellent layers who are good with children. Even the roosters have a reputation of being non-aggressive. I don't see why you should have to exchange them unless you just really don't like the look of them for some reason, or are dead-set on the appearance of the Orps (which, as a huge Orp lover, I can understand the appeal, lol).

You lucked out! These guys are awesome with kids, they are kind of "goofy" but they are like 0% percent agressive. I love them...I have ten of them lol! :gig
Thanks everyone! Does it seem plausible that favorelles could be sold at Rural King? Also, I had researched breeds before and was pretty set on Buff Orpington. Mainly for eggs and gentle temperament as I have small children. From what I am reading about the favorelles is they are pretty similar. Any major differences to where I would want to exchange these guys? Thanks again!

If you and your family handle them often and imprint on them they'll become more like dogs than chickens, even my rooster can be picked up by a child with no fuss.
You got the best kind of mix up for your needs.;)
20190416_161220.jpg
20190105_173604.jpg
20190403_141720.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, Faverolles are bred at several hatcheries so it's not only possible, I can't imagine what else they'd be! I haven't had any but given the reasons you'd selected buffs, I would take it as serendipity and roll with it.

Back
Top Bottom