Are these Cayuga Ducks show quality?

quack_addict

Hatching
Sep 25, 2018
Hello! I am new to breeding ducks, and looking for some information on Cayuga breed standards. I have read over the breed standard for Cayuga ducks, however I don't have an eye yet for telling whether or not my birds fit that standard well. I am considering entering them in a show next month, and would like some options on how well they fit the description.

I have 3 ducks and 1 drake. My drake and one of the girls has a weird feather or two underneath their black ones that is a grey/white colour. You can only see it when they move their feathers in the right way (as can be seen in the third image below). I know white spots is a fault for the drakes especially, but I'm not sure if this is the same since its underneath and only 2 feathers.

Otherwise they have a nice green sheen, sometimes they look a little blue in the sun. They have black beaks and feet. However I am not sure about the shape of their bodies, neck, how they carry themselves, etc.

Any options are appreciated, thank you very much for your insights!
4.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg

Hello! I am new to breeding ducks, and looking for some information on Cayuga breed standards. I have read over the breed standard for Cayuga ducks, however I don't have an eye yet for telling whether or not my birds fit that standard well. I am considering entering them in a show next month, and would like some options on how well they fit the description.

I have 3 ducks and 1 drake. My drake and one of the girls has a weird feather or two underneath their black ones that is a grey/white colour. You can only see it when they move their feathers in the right way (as can be seen in the third image below). I know white spots is a fault for the drakes especially, but I'm not sure if this is the same since its underneath and only 2 feathers.

Otherwise they have a nice green sheen, sometimes they look a little blue in the sun. They have black beaks and feet. However I am not sure about the shape of their bodies, neck, how they carry themselves, etc.

View attachment 1544012 View attachment 1544020 View attachment 1544022They have good coloring. You don't want orange on the feet and legs as well as the bill. I see some white on the under feathers. You don't want that. Naturally, hens will turn more white as they age but drakes will be a fault.

View attachment 1544012 View attachment 1544020 View attachment 1544022
You want a deeper body and a bit thicker head.

Back
Top Bottom