are these coops any good?

I'd check out craigslist and whatnot for scrap wood and other materials.

My dog kennel run is 12x15. I think I paid $600 for it 2.5 years ago. Chain link fortified with hardware cloth is an option, too. You can get 10x10 chain link for a few hundred bucks.

I promise it doesn't have to be crazy expensive. Just gotta think outside the box. Get used stuff when you can.

I just remembered: I used a 4x7 vinyl shed (I spent $350) for a coop for a while, too. It worked great. It's now my firewood shed. Lol

I promise it doesn't have to be crazy expensive. Just gotta think outside the box. Get used stuff when you can.

I just remembered: I used a 4x7 vinyl shed (I spent $350) for a coop for a while, too. It worked great. It's now my firewood shed. Lol
Do you know where you bought the shed from?

What size should the chicken door be? 1x1? 2x1?

If you are going to use an automatic pop door, check sizes, before cutting hole.

We started with a pop door that I opened/shut daily. We then replaced it with an Ador automatic door and the Ador was skinnier than the hole we had cut. Ador's site says it is 13" Height x 10.5" Width.

If you are going to use an automatic pop door, check sizes, before cutting hole.

We started with a pop door that I opened/shut daily. We then replaced it with an Ador automatic door and the Ador was skinnier than the hole we had cut. Ador's site says it is 13" Height x 10.5" Width.
Auto Chicken doors are really expensive so I'm tedious if I want to get them or not. prob gonna make a DIY one for less $$$

I think I got mine online from Home Depot.

It's actually 4x6. I thought it was 4x7. But it was fine for my 7 chickens (I have 9 now). I should also mention that 2 of those are bantam. My chickens really only use it to sleep, so I can go a little small. My climate allows for it (hot summers, mild winters). My chickens are out in the run all day long no matter the season. This brand has larger sheds, too, for around $500. I liked the ones below it, but I needed small at the time.

I added ventilation and replaced the window with hardware cloth. 2x4 along its length was fine for a roost. I had 2 nest boxes on the inside, actually. But it would have been better if I'd added them on the outside or just left them in the covered run. I also installed an auto door. This was stupid easy to cut. It's very light, so you might need to anchor it. I had it up next to the house so it was sheltered from winds.

Screenshot_20210115-124619_Google.jpg

I think I got mine online from Home Depot.

It's actually 4x6. I thought it was 4x7. But it was fine for my 7 chickens (I have 9 now). I should also mention that 2 of those are bantam. My chickens really only use it to sleep, so I can go a little small. My climate allows for it (hot summers, mild winters). My chickens are out in the run all day long no matter the season. This brand has larger sheds, too, for around $500. I liked the ones below it, but I needed small at the time.

I added ventilation and replaced the window with hardware cloth. 2x4 along its length was fine for a roost. I had 2 nest boxes on the inside, actually. But it would have been better if I'd added them on the outside or just left them in the covered run. I also installed an auto door. This was stupid easy to cut. It's very light, so you might need to anchor it. I had it up next to the house so it was sheltered from winds.

View attachment 2490849
Wow! That would work great! I might get the bigger shed to house 7-9 hens but that would go splendidly with my budget!

Back
Top Bottom