are these coops any good?

Pics
Was it hotter than hell inside in the summer?
No. We had big windows on all sides and it was half under an awning and half under a tree. I kept a thermometer insuse to monitor heat and humidity. It got humid sometimes, but a fan in the window put an end to that. And it gets up to 115° where we were staying at the time. Plus my chickens are only inside to sleep.

Give us a link.

Best to keep coop dry at all times.
I have never found the need to use a liquid 'cleaner' in 7 years.

What kind of bedding you use may depend on how you manage the manure.
This is about cleaning, but covers my big picture

-I use poop boards under roosts with thin(<1/2") layer of sand/PDZ mix, sifted daily(takes 5-10mins) into bucket going to friends compost.
-Scrape big or wet poops off roost and ramps as needed.
-Pine shavings on coop floor, add some occasionally, totally changed out once or twice a year, old shavings added to run.
- My runs have semi-deep litter(cold composting), never clean anything out, just add smaller dry materials on occasion, add larger wood chippings as needed.
Aged ramial wood chippings are best IMO.
-Nests are bedded with straw, add some occasionally, change out if needed(broken egg).

There is no odor, unless a fresh cecal has been dropped and when I open the bucket to add more poop.
That's how I keep it 'clean', have not found any reason to clean 'deeper' in 7 years.
https://www.keter.com/us_en/msdl_17197898factor-6x6-shed.html

That's a manufacturer website, so no prices.
I tried another product and it gave choices with a 'where to buy' button.
1610761119116.png

The shed you chose didn't have that button, you'll have to contact them.

Do you guys think this is a good shed?
I'd avoid metal, but others have used it successfully. I am not a fan because it gets really hot inside - like an oven - if your summers are hot. And it's really hard to cut to make windows, add ventilation, make pop doors, etc. My 2 cents.

I really advocate for making your own. You'd be surprised what you can do with a lil ingenuity.

Back
Top Bottom