are these developing ok??

In March I’m planning on hatching something like 50 diff ducks including khaki Campbell’s, White crested Pekins, Rouens, blue and black Swedish, and hopefully Cayugas. So yeah, I’m getting a little impatient for spring as well 😂

In March I’m planning on hatching something like 50 diff ducks including khaki Campbell’s, White crested Pekins, Rouens, blue and black Swedish, and hopefully Cayugas. So yeah, I’m getting a little impatient for spring as well 😂
That is gonna be so fun! Do you have a drake though? If you do, you might not want to get white crested because the crest is attached to a ball of fat in there skull, and if a drake grabs that and pulls on it hard trying mate them, then it can hurt them really bad. I have e drake and some white crested, but I didn't know this until after I got the white crested. They are so much fun otherwise though! I love mine!

That is gonna be so fun! Do you have a drake though? If you do, you might not want to get white crested because the crest is attached to a ball of fat in there skull, and if a drake grabs that and pulls on it hard trying mate them, then it can hurt them really bad. I have e drake and some white crested, but I didn't know this until after I got the white crested. They are so much fun otherwise though! I love mine!
Oh my, I didn’t know about that. Thankfully I don’t, just my one hen, squeaky. But in March Im hoping to keep some of the ducks I hatch so I think it’ll be fine. Thanks for the info.

Yes of course! I didn't know that either! I felt the same as you! Just be aware that because of the crest bred into them, they are prone to seizures and other health problems. Mine have been fine with no issues, except they are a heavier breed, so bumble foot, and they are 2 to 3 so your might be fine too, jus though i'd inform you! I love them otherwise! They are so much fun!

Back
Top Bottom