Are these ducks all female?

George678

Chirping
May 23, 2021
I hatched these Aylesbury ducks out at the start of July and they are about 8-9 weeks old now and they all look female to me , and there’s no curls in the end of there feathers to say that any of them are a drakes . Surely they can’t all be female?😂 and what age should I definitely be able to tell? Thanks

Attachments

• 1BD934DE-02B0-433C-950B-DC45E270BE5A.jpeg
    1BD934DE-02B0-433C-950B-DC45E270BE5A.jpeg
    597 KB · Views: 49
  • 1E543780-A227-44EE-A6AC-326FA7A39D7E.jpeg
    1E543780-A227-44EE-A6AC-326FA7A39D7E.jpeg
    720.4 KB · Views: 8
I hatched these Aylesbury ducks out at the start of July and they are about 8-9 weeks old now and they all look female to me , and there’s no curls in the end of there feathers to say that any of them are a drakes . Surely they can’t all be female?😂 and what age should I definitely be able to tell? Thanks
Drake feathers usually come 12-16 weeks
But by now you can voice sex then
Boys will have a frog in the throat sounds ( almost like they are loosing their voice )
Girls will have a loud quack ( you can’t miss it )
If you need help take each one separately holding them while video recording. We can tell by how they sound
Then post the video on here

Boys will have a frog in the throat sounds ( almost like they are loosing their voice )
If you need help take each one separately holding them while video recording. We can tell by how they sound
Thanks , yeah I’ll try post a video of them later

https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/img_0212-mov.7958827/ This one does unfortunately sound like a drake . Even though it looks like a female

https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/img_0214-mov.7958826/ whereas this one sounds like a female?

Back
Top Bottom