Are these Eggs Turkey Eggs?!?!?! In Winter!?!?!?

Taylor

Songster
11 Years
Dec 14, 2008
I found these 1 egg yesterday in the regular laying boxes and the other one today in the same nest my chickens use, its 1ftx1ft. I have heard turkeys do not lay in the winter, but these surely look like turkey eggs to me! they have a light in the coop, so it may be helping them. They are fed 21% layer pellep and scratch grains. If it helps they are Heritage bronze Turkeys

19800_turkey_eggs_003.jpg
The 2 eggs next to a large chicken egg

19800_turkey_eggs_003.jpg

yes they are!! pretty too My midget whites just started laying a month ago and its freezing here!! she lays for 4-5 days straight then takes a few days off then 4-5 days...today marked day 4 this week--congrats!!!

well, thats good to hear! now i know i have some turkey hens that i can breed in the spring!

A.T. Hagan :

I'm getting three to four eggs a week from my White Midgets. Not enough to bother hatching, but a few.

IM still on the fence if I will incuabte eggs in Spring:-( Im not going to do it in the house but If I get a big fat broody hen in April ish I will do it:)

Last edited:
Mine are laying too, when I got my first one the cold had hit, and I was like "What in the world", but all me critters are still laying, even my calls laid yesterday, I can't turn off my incubators yet!

Back
Top Bottom