Are these good quality show chickens? Silkies and Frizzle Cochin

JadeFarms

🙄🤚 Loving life 💜
May 3, 2019
Florida
I found somebody who has chickens, I think they are laying eggs at the age. And there are two silkies that I was wondering if they were show chicken quality. I only have these pictures. The person selling them seems to care about her chickens and seems to know a lot about them. She says that they are show quality, but I was just making sureThank you for all the help!!
Cuckoo Silkie Rooster:
1590438015517.jpeg

1590438047990.jpeg

Black Silkie Hen:
1590438162625.jpeg

1590438183068.jpeg
And if it’s okay, could you tell me what breed the chicken on the left of this picture is, I think the frizzle Cochin on the right is show quality:
1590438284405.jpeg

I see no cochins, and I don't think any are show quality, but I'm no expert. Hopefully someone else can help out.

I agree none are show quality. I don't even believe cuckoo is an accepted variety in silkies.
That black rooster may be a mix or a really poor bred cochin.
I bought some black frizzles from ideal hatchery once that looked about the same.

I agree none are show quality. I don't even believe cuckoo is an accepted variety in silkies.
That black rooster may be a mix or a really poor bred cochin.
I bought some black frizzles from ideal hatchery once that looked about the same.
I see a little bit of feathers on feet, so I think it is a mix or its poorly bred.

thank y’all so much for the help!!!

None are show quality. I would recommend you attend an APA or ABA sanctioned show near you. There are some good shows in Florida and you'll see exhibition quality silkies and cochins there. In most instances the shows will have a sales area where breeders will sell their extra birds, this would be a good place to find birds or at least a source from which to buy.

Blessings,

Bo

None are show quality. I would recommend you attend an APA or ABA sanctioned show near you. There are some good shows in Florida and you'll see exhibition quality silkies and cochins there. In most instances the shows will have a sales area where breeders will sell their extra birds, this would be a good place to find birds or at least a source from which to buy.

Blessings,

Bo
Okay, I will try to look for one, thank you!

I know this question is in the wrong place, but what breed is the one on the bottom right?

Back
Top Bottom