Are these guineas?

I think you're lucky they chose you! Guineas are great eaters of insects, bugs and other creepy crawly things you don't want near your garden. Of course, they are possibly the loudest creature ever. But, I think their charm will grow on you. Generally they roost in trees as well, so you don't have to worry about predators too much (unless of course they're nesting).

Yep! Guineas, which are great bug eaters by the way! I wish I had some show up at my place and eat all of the ticks...

Quote:
Hi Chickenannie,

They were actually sitting on a nest, under a shrub next to my driveway...which is why they were wet. Great observation!

These birds are long gone; I haven't seen them since I posted. Oh well...

Amy

I thought it would be cool to get a helmeted guinea that was a bad idea.it craped on our deck and made such a noise and it drugged my shoes off the desk.I sold mine 10 dollars it was a good choice.

Bwaaah! Too bad I ran them off my property! I had no idea what they were (the only guineas I'd ever seen were solid gray and didn't have that white face). I don't know where they went...oh well.

Amy

They prefer runnin' over flyin' from whatever they perceive to be a threat (which is pretty much anything/everything ~'-)

Bad pictures, and of my younger ones, but you can still see that they come in many color variations. Some of mine will look like your potential two.

They fly fairly long distances (4~500 yards is common), so they may have just stopped in for a visit ... they'll probably come back.

Back
Top Bottom