Are these hens RIRs or RIR mixes?

The second hen is also very fat and meaty.. she doesn't do as much as my other chickens, like she just like to hang out all day. But I would rather have her than a regular RIR!
Yes, I agree; I said the first one looks like a RIR mix. The production reds (often labeled RIRs) I've gotten or seen from the feed store look pretty similar to that second hen, but since production reds not bred to a breed standard they are likely to be variable.
Oops I am messed up XD

This is a red sexlink. Her downy feathers underneath are white.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1602703628096.jpg
    FB_IMG_1602703628096.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 3
The second hen is also very fat and meaty.. she doesn't do as much as my other chickens, like she just like to hang out all day. But I would rather have her than a regular RIR!

Oops I am messed up XD
Oops, I also mixed up. I thought there were two hens and not 3. I agree that the first two look like mixes, I meant that the third one looks like a production red. Sorry!

I see mixed pictures when I put in red sexlink. The one with some white is what mine looked like.View attachment 2902549
Mine is a RIR x Delaware mix. There are other mixes out there. RIR mixed with a silver gene bird. Could be a leghorn, Delaware or another silver gene bird. My friend has light orange and white sexlinks. Mine is really dark and if you did not see her under feathers she could resemble a RIR at first glance.

Back
Top Bottom