Are These Japanese Bantam Chickens?

Buddyfarm11

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 9, 2012
Phoenix,Arizona
My Coop
My Coop
I Have two Pair of What I've Been Told are Japanese Bantams But I Looked Up What They look like and they don't look nothing like the Japanese Bantams the roosters comb looks more different then a Japanese Chicken

But He Has All The Coloring Of a Grey Japanese Bantam Rooster Here's a Picture Of a Grey Japanese Bantam

and Here's a Picture of My Rooster

See The Comb Looks More Crooked Than The Japanese Bantam

and Here's Some Pictures of The hens

So Are They Japanese Bantams or What Breed are they

Unwell chickens sometime have a droopy comb but those look like more of a defect in breeding. It is hard to tell in those pictures. Do you have any pictures of the entire body? Standing would be even better.

I have a pet quality Japanese rooster that is of the same coloring. You can check him out in my profile pics.

They could be one of 2 things. From the pictures you sent the spires are short and th e tipsters wouldn't have all there colouring yet. But could also be a serama from the way he stands but my Japanese rooster stands really tall to. I'm not sure about the hen. If it's a grey close around her neck I would say she's Japanese. Hope that helps:)

Either way they're hatchery / pet quality.
Their legs look to be short, so OEGB is off the table. Heck, got any OEGB for size comparison? If not just a idea :)
They're pretty. They look to be japs, but poor breeding.
If you breed them and get the fatal leg gene (not sure how that works...) then japs for sure, not leg gene then Seremas.

Back
Top Bottom