Are these little orphans Muscovy or Mallard? Thank you.

kitkatbahr

Songster
10 Years
Apr 25, 2009
Merritt Island, FL
Hi,

There was a lady that lives near here that saw a mama duck and one baby get hit by a car on Hwy A1A. She and her husband turned around and were able to catch the other five ducklings. She took a pic of them. One has died (she said it was weak and not eating, etc.). She still has four of them. This is a pic of them a few days ago when they rescued them. I told her I thought they were muscovy babies but wasn't sure and would ask all of you. Please let us know what they are. Thank you.

orphanducklings.jpg

Quote:
The Rouen duckling pics I found on google had two eye stripes and the mallards had a very long one in front of and behind the eye from the beak to the back of head. That is why I thought muscovy.

Quote:
The Rouen duckling pics I found on google had two eye stripes and the mallards had a very long one in front of and behind the eye from the beak to the back of head. That is why I thought muscovy.

When ever i have a hatch of muscovey ducklings they will be the same colors but the patterns will vary.

Mallards and rouens have the same kind of pattern threw the entire hatch.

I have some 2 week olds outside of both breeds i will get some photos of them for you if you would like.

Quote:

When ever i have a hatch of muscovey ducklings they will be the same colors but the patterns will vary.

Mallards and rouens have the same kind of pattern threw the entire hatch.

I have some 2 week olds outside of both breeds i will get some photos of them for you if you would like.

Hi,
I would love to see pics of both rouen and mallard babies. That would be cool. Thanks.

Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom