Are these nice Brahma's?

bossynbella

Songster
12 Years
Aug 11, 2007
Iowa
I want to raise Brahma's Right now I only have two one light cockrel and one dark pullet. Do they look like at least okay represenitives of there breeds? If not what is wrong so I know what to look for in the future. I plan to get 5-6 hens and 1 Rooster of each breed next year, Hope I can work these two into that Especially Zippy she is such a sweetheart.

Here is The Rooster. Still conisdering what to name him.
The chicken next to him is a SilverLaced Cochin (Very bad lacing) but a large pullet and he towers of her.
LtbrahmaRooster.jpg

Here is Zippy-Doo She is a dark brahma and I think she is beautiful, but I have never seen one before so I really have no idea.
ZippyDooDkBrahma3mths.jpg

Here she is again with are largest Faverolle pullet.
SamandZippy3mths.jpg

Thanks for looking
Melissa

Last edited:
Hi. The Dark brahma looks fine. But the light brahma has way to much black on him. There shouldnt be that much black on him.

here is one of my roosters. This is what he should look like. Notice how there isnt alot of black.

DSC09092.jpg

here is one of my hens.
August2008069.jpg

You both have some beautiful chickens I never noticed how much black he had on him tell I compared him to yours. Is there a way to tell as young chicks if they will get all the black or not? I think next year I am gonna buy eggs from somone who I can at least see pictures of what the parents look like!

Any one have pics of Dark Brahma's so I can Compare ZippyDoo

How old is your rooster? The chicks start out with a lot of black mixed into their feathers and lose that as they get older. My little Buff Brahmas are a little over two months old and they still have a few black feathers.

Back
Top Bottom