Are these old enough to be away from mom?

Rider4u

Chirping
Jun 9, 2020
These are my golden sebright and old English babies. They were hatched in October and I am wondering if they are old enough to be by themselves. They have been with mom but away from the other chickens in a separate bit next door coop. And if they are, I was wondering how I would introduce them to the older chickens.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    694 KB · Views: 22
These are my golden sebright and old English babies. They were hatched in October and I am wondering if they are old enough to be by themselves. They have been with mom but away from the other chickens in a separate bit next door coop. And if they are, I was wondering how I would introduce them to the older chickens.
Yes they're are old enough.
Why did you keep the broody separate from the flock? The mother integrates the chicks.
They've all now been separate from the flock and all need to be integrated.
How far away have they been?
Have the rest of the flock been able to see them and approach the fence?
Do you have enough room in the coop for the chicks?

Yes they're are old enough.
Why did you keep the broody separate from the flock? The mother integrates the chicks.
They've all now been separate from the flock and all need to be integrated.
How far away have they been?
Have the rest of the flock been able to see them and approach the fence?
Do you have enough room in the coop for the chicks?
I moved them into a different coop because the ladder in the other coop is like 4 feet tall and I didn’t want the babies to fall and hurt themselves. The other flock has been able to see them since they were moved and the coops are only like half a foot away from each other and they have approached each other.

I moved them into a different coop because the ladder in the other coop is like 4 feet tall and I didn’t want the babies to fall and hurt themselves. The other flock has been able to see them since they were moved and the coops are only like half a foot away from each other and they have approached each other.
Can you post pictures of your coop that the flock will use?
How many birds do you have total?
What are you going to do with the cockerels from the hatch? I see at least 2.

Can you post pictures of your coop that the flock will use?
How many birds do you have total?
What are you going to do with the cockerels from the hatch? I see at least 2.
Including the babies it will be 10 altogether. I plan on giving away the cockerels I just wanted to make sure they were big enough before I started giving them away. The coop I have says it should fit 10 chickens but all of mine are bantams.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Do you have updated pictures of these chicks? OEGBs and sebrights are two of my favorite breeds, and I’ve always wanted to cross them.

Do you have updated pictures of these chicks? OEGBs and sebrights are two of my favorite breeds, and I’ve always wanted to cross them.
I sure do! I love taking pics of my babies. Here’s some of my boys. I’ll have to get some more of the girls.

Attachments

• BD7B7054-8718-4348-85E8-AE9317C917A6.jpeg
    BD7B7054-8718-4348-85E8-AE9317C917A6.jpeg
    594 KB · Views: 14
  • F3E19D33-CD8E-46E8-8CC4-1BBDF4CF716D.jpeg
    F3E19D33-CD8E-46E8-8CC4-1BBDF4CF716D.jpeg
    416.7 KB · Views: 12
I have two boys and two girls still! The girls I’m keeping and the boys (probably) have a home. If all goes well.
These are the girls with momma.

Attachments

• 901CFCF8-9215-48E1-8062-4CB0D401C0F9.jpeg
    901CFCF8-9215-48E1-8062-4CB0D401C0F9.jpeg
    1,022.6 KB · Views: 4
  • B88F24A5-98FD-4360-B69D-204638EE3A28.jpeg
    B88F24A5-98FD-4360-B69D-204638EE3A28.jpeg
    958.9 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom