Are these Pullets or Too Early to Tell?

Could you try a close up of the comb? It's a little hard to tell with this picture but for now I will say pullets.

Last edited:
Hi there! Your chicks are sooo cute!! Where did you find that particular breed? I think it's gorgeous!
big_smile.png
Do you have any other breeds?

~Sarah

I think thier pullets,

Because as far as i know pullets develop thier hair faster, i mean thier real hair, than the cockerels

Is there any pink in their comb? Do they have pink wattles coming in? Those would probably be the first possible signs at this age, but it might be a little early to say for sure.

Hi there! Your chicks are sooo cute!! Where did you find that particular breed? I think it's gorgeous!
big_smile.png
Do you have any other breeds?

~Sarah

I looked on the Ameraucana site for a list of breeders by state. LUCKILY there is a breeder of Bantams only 45 minutes north of me. I bought a hen (Grown and laying -- $10), he gave me another hen with crooked toes (also laying), and I bought the only 2 chicks he'd had hatch out in 24 hours that weren't spoken for ($4 each). He thought he had 3 but turned out he counted wrong and only had these 2. Got my fingers crossed for more females!

There is NO pink yet in the comb and whatever sex they are, they must be the same because their feathering and tail growth has been exactly the same for the month I've had them.

Cuties! It's too early to say with certainty that they are pullets but they aren't showing any cockerel signs yet. I'd wait a few more weeks to watch for comb changes. If they still have little birth pale combs at 8 weeks, odds are excellent for pullets.

Back
Top Bottom