Are these pure Blue Andalusians?

CaramelKittey

Crowing
Feb 15, 2019
New Jersey
Hi all! We just got a blue Andalusian breeding pair, and I have very little knowledge on the breed. Just not sure why they have some brown feathers, specifically the hen. t doesn’t look like dirt to me. Is she a pure blue Andalusian?
Thanks in advance!
046635CC-A405-4CBA-AC72-39840FF622AA.jpeg
348895E6-7CF3-4CF6-8BE6-16C52D4DA52A.jpeg
CE14934A-9ACE-44A9-BD6C-E3665A65E57D.jpeg
CC8492B9-DD44-4CE6-9DD0-89A170D81E34.jpeg
82B439A7-F356-4B6C-9155-73B5D6738CA8.jpeg

I'm guessing that they are hatchery quality birds or cross breds. Are the cockerel's flight feathers white ?
I’m pretty sure they came from a hatchery. The rooster was taking a dust bath in the last picture, so the white was just under his wing. The rest of his wing isn’t white.
Thank you!

Looks like he got pecked on the comb and it scabbed up.

How old are they supposed to be?
They were both together in crates. I was told they’ve been together since June so I assume that means he has been in the crate with his mate since June. There were other crates with hens/roosters next to theirs, so it’s very possible he got pecked. Do you think he could’ve cut himself on it?
They are both 1 year old.
Thank you!

Theyre not pure. Not even pure hatchery Andalusians.
Even hatchery stock have dark shanks and white lobes.

They were both together in crates. I was told they’ve been together since June so I assume that means he has been in the crate with his mate since June. There were other crates with hens/roosters next to theirs, so it’s very possible he got pecked. Do you think he could’ve cut himself on it?
They are both 1 year old.
Thank you!

If he was within pecking reach he very well could have gotten pecked.

I don't think there is anything in an andalusian that should cause the brown leakage or his white flight feathers.

I think mixed breed.

I'm guessing they would get disqualified from a show then. :( I read that if more than 1/3 of their earlobes are red, they get disqualified. Any ideas of what they could be mixed with? I'll try to ask the person who gave them to us. :)

Back
Top Bottom