Are These Quail Eggs Viable?

Lunirra

In the Brooder
Sep 1, 2023
This is my very first time hatching Cotournix Quail and Im worried these may have stopped developing. It's day 15 (lockdown day). I ended up with 4 that developed to this, the air cells seem worryingly large. And one egg that's too dark to see through.
Will these likely not hatch? I have a gut feeling that they may be quitters. :(
Incubator held temp between 99.5F and 99.8F. It was a dry hatch but now I worry it was too dry judging by the size of the air sacks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230901_110507_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230901_110507_Gallery.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20230901_110620_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230901_110620_Gallery.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 16
This is my very first time hatching Cotournix Quail and Im worried these may have stopped developing. It's day 15 (lockdown day). I ended up with 4 that developed to this, the air cells seem worryingly large. And one egg that's too dark to see through.
Incubator held temp between 99.5F and 99.8F. It was a dry hatch but now I worry it was too dry judging by the size of the air sacks.
I would leave them in the first one probably won’t hatch but the second one might hatch.

How is it going have any hatched?

How is it going have any hatched?
They have hatched!! Out of the 4 eggs that developed 3 hatched and one was dead in shell but fully developed. Seems to had died a day before or on lock down since it didn't absorb any yolk sack. The head was slightly deformed, so probably for the best that it didn't hatch. But I have 3 beautiful almost 2 week old babies now! I was lucky enough to wake up in the middle of the night and watched all 3 hatch.

Attachments

• 20230915_171924.jpg
    20230915_171924.jpg
    558.8 KB · Views: 17
They have hatched!! Out of the 4 eggs that developed 3 hatched and one was dead in shell but fully developed. Seems to had died a day before or on lock down since it didn't absorb any yolk sack. The head was slightly deformed, so probably for the best that it didn't hatch. But I have 3 beautiful almost 2 week old babies now! I was lucky enough to wake up in the middle of the night and watched all 3 hatch.
Yay! I’m so happy they ended up hatching they are really cute

Back
Top Bottom