Are these roo's?

65browneyes

Songster
12 Years
Mar 2, 2007
Arizona
The clutch hatched February 17, 2007. We've got these 4 white ones, and 5 buff/black ones. None of the buff/blacks have combs to speak of, and what little they do have is kind of a peach color, without any redness at all.

I'm pretty sure these are all boys.........any opinions? Bear with me, a couple of the pics appear a bit blurry here. My 10 year old daughter took them.

Theboys004.jpg

Theboys2003.jpg

Theboys2002.jpg

Theboys2001.jpg

Edited to substitute clearer/better pics.

The ones in the third and fourth pic have discovered their voices now (I just found this out). The one in the first pic hasn't found his voice, but he just tried to show his sister that he's a boy. That leaves just #2 as having not proven his 'roostery-ness'. (that's a new word I just made up......like it?? LOL)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd been working in the garden, it was getting dark, and I wanted to get the pics taken before the light was completely gone. I went right back to the garden and finished that up. Never gave the gloves a thought! LOL I feel silly about that one now!

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I'm sure about their breeding is that they're bantams (I think! LOL). I suspect dad is a Belgian Antwerp. This is mom:

TheGirls3004.jpg

Anybody have any ideas as to her breed?

Back
Top Bottom