Are these Roosters? I just do't know?

crazy chook

Songster
9 Years
Apr 8, 2010
Langwarrin, Victoria
Hi all, Can anyone tell me if these are roosters?

1)
53611_100_8039.jpg
53611_100_8042.jpg

or this one? I know these are not good photos but any assistance is appreciated.

2)
53611_100_8057.jpg

3)
53611_100_8043.jpg
53611_100_8036.jpg

Thank you!
big_smile.png

If we knew their age it would help but here's my guess: 1 is probably a roo(the comb and wattles are big and red) 2 is a roo (the gold on the shoulders is a dead giveaway) and 3 is a pullet (has a girl shape and girl coloring)

Edited to say: I noticed you said 13 weeks. If that's the case Im sticking with my original guesses...1 roo. 2 roo. 3 pullet.

Last edited:
Maybe I have not had as much experience with roosters as the above responders, but I have had several. Seven in total, I think, of 3 different breeds (leghorn, EE, and brahma). All of mine crowed and showed unmistakable male feathering by 5 weeks of age, so if they are 13 wks old, I would say they could all be female. Some females have a bit of a downward curve to the tail feather, and some have a suggestion of male like saddle or hackle. Those could all be pullets. I could be wrong, though.

1 and 2 are cockerels and 3 is a pullet. She looks somewhat older than you suggested and either may be laying or about to start.

Bird #1 - Cockerel - Has very red, large single comb developing

Bird #2 - Cockerel - Pullets cannot have this color

Bird #3 - Pullet - Cockerels cannot have this color

Back
Top Bottom