Are these silkie eggs?

Apr 16, 2019
So I acquired some organic chicken eggs. Can anyone help if these are silkie eggs? If not, then what could these be?
Screenshot_2020-07-01-17-46-58.png

J
Silkie eggs should be a bit smaller than your average chicken egg, do you have any store brought eggs to compare them against? Otherwise this list has egg colours on it:
http://www.sagehenfarmlodi.com/chooks/chooks.html
There's lots of possibilities! Any way to find out from the farm you got them from what breeds they have?
I only got these eggs from a reseller, she doesn't know the breed of the chickens that laid these. The are shipped eggs that came from a province.

@The Moonshiner is right, there's no way to know for sure what sort of eggs you have. It is possible they are silkie eggs if they're a bit smaller than regular and generally cream in colour, but as you saw from the list, there's a lot of other options also, especially if they seem regular egg sized. Only way to know for sure is to hatch them out and see what you get- I'd be interested to know so please post pics if you do!

@The Moonshiner is right, there's no way to know for sure what sort of eggs you have. It is possible they are silkie eggs if they're a bit smaller than regular and generally cream in colour, but as you saw from the list, there's a lot of other options also, especially if they seem regular egg sized. Only way to know for sure is to hatch them out and see what you get- I'd be interested to know so please post pics if you do!
Ok thanks for the response!!!! I'LL POST THEIR PICS WHEN THEY HATCH!!! :)

Silkie eggs are supposed to lay White/Tinted eggs, those on the pics are clearly brown(on the light side but still brown)
Awwww, ok but some of them are actually cream and brown... So what's your guess? I'll post their pics when they hatch this is gonna be exciting! If they aren't silkie eggs, then could they be brahmas instead?
As others said, we cannot tell the breed of the chicken that laid these based on the egg's appearance... But still what can you infer or guess about the eggs?

So many breeds lay brown eggs that there's really no way to ID the breed just based on that particular color. If it were a more uncommon color, it would be easier to narrow down (dark chocolate eggs are generally from some variety or another of Marans, for example), but not something like this. And without knowing where they came from or what kinds of birds they may have had, it's also entirely possible that they are barnyard crosses.

So many breeds lay brown eggs that there's really no way to ID the breed just based on that particular color. If it were a more uncommon color, it would be easier to narrow down (dark chocolate eggs are generally from some variety or another of Marans, for example), but not something like this. And without knowing where they came from or what kinds of birds they may have had, it's also entirely possible that they are barnyard crosses.
Oh ok thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom