Are these silkies? Please help!

Songofserenity

Chirping
Jun 6, 2021
Hello! Can someone please help me identify this breed and assess the general look of this chicken? (One of two, they both look the same 😁) Please excuse my niece's room in advance. The lighting was the best there 😁

The lady who gifted my sister last week said they're silkies (the 4 I ordered for my sister almost a year in advance sadly ALL arrived dead!!) and as you would have it, not even an hour later a kind stranger in the feed store offered to give my sis two of hers. And here they are!

They look nothing like silkies I've seen, they look a bit scraggly like feather boas LOL...but they're eating (a LOT) and seem super alert and healthy. They actually look more fluffy than last week when they first brought them home (these pictures were sent today) I was SO worried they were missing feathers but as I'm states away I can't make an in person assessment and maybe they're just less fluffy silkies? Or maybe their feathers are growing in?

I'm not sure how old they are for sure, but the lady said they were still chicks. Thank you!
received_2563937137243868.jpeg
received_399042327940047.jpeg

received_3025753881039621.jpeg

Those look like black frizzle Cochins. Very Cute!!

Edit: Black frizzle Cochin x silkie possibly. Missed the black skin...
I've never heard of that breed! Yes, they have black skin like silkies but the feathers were throwing me off and I was so worried they took two sick chicks. But their behavior says otherwise! Thank you for the input! They are kinda cute with their big eyes 😁

I've never heard of that breed! Yes, they have black skin like silkies but the feathers were throwing me off and I was so worried they took two sick chicks. But their behavior says otherwise! Thank you for the input! They are kinda cute with their big eyes 😁
If one of my chickens came out with those feathers and I didnt know about frizzles I would definitely be concerned too 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom