Are these still viable?

so one chick hatched at day 17? did I read that right?
We did have one oddly do that but died roughly 2 days after. We did a second batch and the blue egg did hatch extremely healthy ( my husband happened to hear it peeping very loudly) on its own. As for our other eggs they did not hatch after the 25days.

the first one looks good to me but behind the others. Was it set at the same time? I still see good veins in it which means chick should be alive but chicks isn't filling the egg which means not ready to hatch yet. Are they under a broody or in an incubator? What temp/humidity is the incubator and do you have a calibrated thermometer or just going by what the incubator says?

The 2nd one is hard to tell since it does look like the chick is filling the egg and sometimes as it gets close to hatch day it is hard to see veins and as said above the chick fills the egg. Did you put them in lockdown and up the humidity if in an incubator? What day are they now?
So they were in an incubator for about 25days, the temp was 99.5 and sometimes flucuated down to 98 (as we did take the living chick after 2 days of waiting (she doing great by the way) the humidity hovered about 50-55(I used one of those zoomed humity temp checkers it's got like a metal prices that senses the temp and what looks like a speaker that checks humidity) I know it not ideal but I do work quite a bit so I could not put my full attention on it. The first blue egg was 19th of June the brown egg was 22nd June and the other blue 21st June the second batch I had written the dates the eggs.

Lucky number 7 is doing great, she was able to integrate with out 2 week old chicks that we picked up. I know it wasn't the best choice but it better the it being by itself and dying. I am hopefully she will be a green egg layer but only time will tell, she has the markings of an Americana.

IMG_20220708_011358.jpg

7 with Speckles(she adopted her right away, taught her how to eat and drink too. We had been hand feeding her for a few days as she wouldn't eat directly from the sauce dish. Smallest thing we had at the time.)

We're still reset up the outdoor chick enclosure ( I have to edit the chicken coop so they can hide from the full grown chickens.) for them to integrate for the outdoors, they are currently almost 3weeks. It also been almost 102 everyday for the past half week and we been keeping them indoors (last year was the garage as we don't really use that space other than to store boxes) until they have their full feathers. My house is usually 81ish.

Lucky number 7 is doing great, she was able to integrate with out 2 week old chicks that we picked up. I know it wasn't the best choice but it better the it being by itself and dying. I am hopefully she will be a green egg layer but only time will tell, she has the markings of an Americana.

View attachment 3189511
7 with Speckles(she adopted her right away, taught her how to eat and drink too. We had been hand feeding her for a few days as she wouldn't eat directly from the sauce dish. Smallest thing we had at the time.)

We're still reset up the outdoor chick enclosure ( I have to edit the chicken coop so they can hide from the full grown chickens.) for them to integrate for the outdoors, they are currently almost 3weeks. It also been almost 102 everyday for the past half week and we been keeping them indoors (last year was the garage as we don't really use that space other than to store boxes) until they have their full feathers. My house is usually 81ish.

Back
Top Bottom