Are these still viable?

Akihimeko

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2022
IMG_20220706_235810.jpg

IMG_20220706_235734.jpg

Are these any good I checked em but I don't really see any heart beat going on like last week.

I'm not an expert but I can give my opinion!
In the first picture I think I can see some veins, if so it should be good.
The second one is hard to see.
How long have they been incubating for?

I'm not an expert but I can give my opinion!
In the first picture I think I can see some veins, if so it should be good.
The second one is hard to see.
How long have they been incubating for?
As of today 18days

At 18 days with chicken eggs if all you see is a dark blob with the air cell on one end you are probably in pretty good shape. I don't always see movement or veins that late. The egg is supposed to be filled with a solid chick except for the air cell.

That first photo, the whiter shell, looks pretty light but that may just be a bad photo. I would not toss it but don't expect much. The rest look like they have a good chance.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

At 18 days with chicken eggs if all you see is a dark blob with the air cell on one end you are probably in pretty good shape. I don't always see movement or veins that late. The egg is supposed to be filled with a solid chick except for the air cell.

That first photo, the whiter shell, looks pretty light but that may just be a bad photo. I would not toss it but don't expect much. The rest look like they have a good chance.

Good luck, let us know what happens.
Yeah I figured I'd wait the the 24 days before tossing

IMG_20220710_220439.jpg

IMG_20220710_220349.jpg

Here what the last 2 look like but I'm not seeing any movement or sounds back. Still got a few more days to wait.

View attachment 3181901
View attachment 3181903
Here what the last 2 look like but I'm not seeing any movement or sounds back. Still got a few more days to wait.
the first one looks good to me but behind the others. Was it set at the same time? I still see good veins in it which means chick should be alive but chicks isn't filling the egg which means not ready to hatch yet. Are they under a broody or in an incubator? What temp/humidity is the incubator and do you have a calibrated thermometer or just going by what the incubator says?

The 2nd one is hard to tell since it does look like the chick is filling the egg and sometimes as it gets close to hatch day it is hard to see veins and as said above the chick fills the egg. Did you put them in lockdown and up the humidity if in an incubator? What day are they now?

Back
Top Bottom